ABOUT US Malaika Orphanage Children Foundation Uganda operates Programs in Kampala District, Wakiso District, Mukono, Mpigi, Kalangala, and Luwero District providing services to include Shelter, Education, Food, Medical assistance, donate wheel chairs, donate books Adoption and Foster services, training and education about health, in particular about HIV/AIDs and literacy services to children.
NATURE OF THE PROBLEM
Uganda is one of the countries in Africa facing the challenge of the Human immune- deficiency Virus (HIV) and AIDS. In spite of the various responses and commitments from governments, charitable organizations and individuals that care, treatment and support services especially to the resource limited countries remain inadequate. Only 25% of women and 21% of the men have had counseling and testing for HIV (Uganda DHS, 2012). The HIV epidemic has created a terrible burden for millions of individuals, families and communities worldwide. Relieving the suffering requires improved healthcare, better access to the treatment, more vigorous prevention efforts, more effective social outreach and support for those most vulnerable. However, stigma and discrimination blocks the march forward against HIV and AIDS.
The priority vulnerable groups are the orphans and Disabled, HIV effected children, at risk Youth and Widows.
Malaika Uganda Project Goal:
The overall Goal of this MOCF project is to build an Orphanage to accommodate the growing number of orphans, Clinic facility to contribute towards integrated access to Quality HIV and AIDS Prevention, Treatment Advocacy; Family based testing and counseling Services, linkage to HIV and AIDS care in Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Mpigi, Kalangala and Luwero Districts.
MOCF Uganda Project Objectives
- To expand the availability of care and support to families infected with HIV and AIDS
- To expand Adoption and Foster Programs to potential parents to give a loving home to Malaika orphans.
- To increase access to basic education to the vulnerable children
- Introducing literacy programs to improve speech and written English
- To mitigate the effects of poverty in Uganda specifically by addressing unemployment among youth
- To train Uganda youth with entrepreneurial, business and financial skills
- To provide scholarships to Malaika Orphans
- Ongoing Mentoring of children and the youth.
- Ongoing celebrating the children at the Annual Holiday Event” with food and gifts